Our Hong Kong show, held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, features premier galleries from Asia and beyond. Underlining Art Basel's commitment to the region, half of the participating galleries once again have exhibition spaces in Asia and Asia-Pacific. The show provides an in-depth overview of the region’s diversity through both historical material and cutting-edge works by established and emerging artists.
Art Basel Hong Kong
Art Basel, Hong Kong will be bringing the art world together once again as galleries, artists, collectors and art enthusiasts from Asia and all over the world flock to this most prestigious of international art events.
Bringing every year a fresh mix of galleries from six continents featuring artwork by established as well as new-comer artists from across the globe, Art Basel has quickly carved its niche amongst art enthusiasts, exhibitors, collectors, curators and galleries worldwide.
For collectors, Art Basel Hong Kong is appealing not only for the chance to see a wide range of works in many genres including paintings, photography, film and video, sculptures, and more, and the fact that they come from a large and diverse cultural and geographical sphere, but also because in Hong Kong there is no tax on the import and export of art.
Some 250 galleries are expected to participate in seven show sectors:
- Galleries: this is the main section, galleries bring their top works
- Discoveries: representing emerging artists and galleries fom al over the world
- Insights: brings the works of galleries and their artists from the broader Asian market
- Encounters: large scale sculpture and installation works throughout the exhibition halls
- Kabinett: specially curated spaces in a variety of themes
- Magazines: magazines from Art publications from around the world will be displayed
- Film: a 3-day program by and about artists