Beijing International Book Fair
Beijing International Book Fair
It is one of the largest book fairs in the world. By Mei Jia | China Daily Publishers at the Beijing International Book Fair say cooperation and integration are the two words which describe the event that wrapped up. At the event, 5,262 deals were struck, an increase of 4.9 percent compared with the figures. The deals covered 3,244 Chinese titles that were sold.
1. Exhibition Scope
The content to be exhibited shall abide by the laws of the PRC and government decrees, and respect the sovereignty and territory integrity of the PRC. Exhibitors shall not exhibit, distribute, broadcast or project materials not related to cultural exchange, book trade and publicizing their own image. The exhibitions may include:
(1) Books, Newspapers, Periodicals and relevant publications
(2) Multi-media Publications, Cartoon & Animation, Software, Digital Solution and relevant equipment
(3) Printing Solutions and related products
(4) Stationery and Gifts
2. Main Services
(1) The fair will provide exhibitors with the exhibiting area and matched facilities.
(2) The BIBF Directory with exhibitors’ information and Booklet of Seminars & Events specially published during the fair.
(3) The organization committee will publicize the fair and exhibitors, and organize press reports on the fair.
(4) The fair will provide exhibitors with venues and facilities to give technical seminars.
(5) The fair will provide exhibitors with advertising banners on the BIBF website as well as opportunities for advertisement in the Directory, Booklet of Seminars & Events and at the fairground (Please refer to Part F).
(6) The fair will establish a Rights Center with rights tables and Private Offices.
3. Highlights of BIBF
Reading to Living
BIBF set up a new area, “Reading to Living” Hall with the concept of “Read it and Live it”. The exhibition gives visitors an interactive experience with lifestyle books and its related products. Highlights include Chef ’s Kitchen with a live demonstration, Wine Theatre with wine book promotion, and Gourmet Salon with gastronomy seminars.
BIBF Picture Book Exhibition
The special area focuses on Children’s picture books, displaying over 10,000 titles in 14 languages. The special exhibition draws thousands of parents, children, and children’s book publishers every year.
BIBF Ananas International Illustration Exhibition
The exhibition aims to showcase works of illustrators, both Chinese and foreign, to connect them with the publishers and satisfy the increasing demand for quality illustrations for the publishing industry.
BIBF IP Licensing Zone
IP licensing zone features exhibitors from China, Italy, Japan, Korea, Belgium, USA, etc. The new addition helps publishers connecting with the licensors and licensees.
4. Main Events
(1) First Step Training Course
Participants will learn about the publishing industry, meet with Chinese rights managers, visit publishers and bookstores. The informative program will help newcomers develop a deep understanding of the Chinese publishing industry. e two-day training course starts on August 19
(2) Beijing International Publishing Forum
One of the top publishing professional forums in China. A full-day forum on August 20.
(3) BIBF International Children’s Publishing Forum
The popular forum on children’s publishing trends and development with a special focus on the Chinese market. A Full-day event on August 20.
(4) Rights Managers Salon
Meet with other rights managers on the evening of August 21.
(5) Beijing International Digital Publishing Forum
A leading forum focusing cutting-edge technology and application concerning publish, trends and business models. A full-day brain-storm seminar on August 23.