China's rapid economic growth and huge population base make China the world's second-largest wine market
As one of the most professional purchasing fairs in Chinese import wine industry, Super Wine has been successfully held tens of editions in Shanghai with an exhibition area of more than 150,000 sq m，which has accumulated hundreds of thousands of first-rank wine suppliers and professional buyers. The previous events have attracted thousands of first-rank wine suppliers and tens of thousands of professional wine buyers from more than 40 countries and regions around the world coming to exhibit thousands of wines and spirits. In this process, the fair has respectively received strongly support and active participation from Shanghai Wine Monopoly Bureau, Shanghai Association For Liquor and Spirits Circulation, Shanghai Drinks Association, Shanghai Import Food Enterprise Association, IFSP, Comité Champagne(CVIC),COGNAC, Mexico Tequila Association, Hong Kong Wine Merchants’ Chamber of Commerce as well as numerous Embassies and Consulates, etc. domestic and overseas GOVs and related industry organizations. Meanwhile, the fair also attracted the attention from international organizations of France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Chile, South Africa, United States, Argentina, Portugal, and Australia to participate in by National Pavilions. More and more international industry associations expect to bring more high-quality wine & spirits to China market with the help of this display window and trade platform of Shanghai in order to strive for larger market shares and meet huge consumer’s demands. In order to build up a promotion, display and cooperation platform and provide a better approach of marketing and sales for wine enterprises at home and abroad, Golden Commercial and alcoholic drink authorities are scheduled to hold “The 21st Shanghai International Wine & Spirits Exhibition 2020” on May 7-9, 2020 in National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai). Aiming to provide a green channel and cooperation platform to help overseas wine and liquor enterprises to enter the Chinese market, this event will become a must-come event of China imported wine, as well as a good opportunity for domestic and foreign alcohol drink industry enterprises to set up their brand images during the Super Wine to achieve its corporate sales objectives and expand China’s wine market share.
Besides, the wine imports in China also maintained growth in recent years. According to customs data, the wine imports in China has arrived $2.789 billion, an increase of 17.95 %; the total import of wine has arrived 746 million liters, an increase of 16.88 %. The average price was about 3.74 US dollars/liter, an increase of 0.91%. With the effect of the first China International Import Expo, the Chinese market continues to open up, the demand is also increasing, and imported wines will have greater development potential. Shanghai is a cluster of imported wines, ranking top three of China’s amount of wine imports and sales Till the end of May, there were 43,264 alcoholic distribution companies in Shanghai, including 9817 wholesalers and 33,447 retailers.
Under the policy of “One belt, one road ”, China's wine market is becoming more and more abundant. More and more foreign brands are optimistic about China’s market and begun to explore the Chinese market. Under this background, the Chinese wine market is expected to catch up with the United States to become the world's largest wine market.
As one of economic, transportation, science & technology, industry, finance, and shipping centers in China, Shanghai has the highest economic capacity and consumption level in the country. Shanghai International Wine & Spirits Exhibition (super wide) is one of the professional procurement fairs for China's import and export liquor industry. It has been successfully held for dozens of times and has accumulated a hundred thousands of outstanding domestic and foreign suppliers and buyers. In order to build a better platform for branding, display and cooperation for domestic and foreign liquor companies, the Golden Commercial and alcoholic drink authorities are scheduled to hold“The Shanghai International Wine and Spirits Exhibition” in National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai). This exhibition aims to help domestic and foreign liquor companies to establish a good brand, achieve corporate sales targets and expand the scale of the Chinese wine market.
- wine: red wine, white wine, peach red wine, dry wine, static wine, sweet wine, fortified wine, strong wine and service provider (organization);
- wine and spirits: champagne, sherry, ice wine, brandy, whiskey, vodka, rum, gin, sake, sparkling wine, tequila, health wine, wine, and food, etc.
- traditional and fashionable wine: liquor, yellow wine, health wine, etc. Alcoholic beverages, including beer, cocktail, fruit wine, etc.
- alcohol services: wine accessories and appliances, alcohol education and training, wine service providers (liquor investment institutions, logistics transportation service providers, liquor storage service providers, etc.);
- wine promotion and organization: MEDALS, certificates, wine books, magazines, websites, culture, advertising, gifts, education training institutions and service agencies, etc.
1. Professional channels:
- enterprise platforms: group purchase units, associations, business groups, state-owned enterprises, international companies, etc. Terminal network seller, online store e-commerce, etc.
- retail agent: Shanghai and surrounding cities more than 30 m wine industry wholesalers, distributors, retailers, agents, importers, downstream distributors and conduits, large supermarkets and supermarket chains;
- catering and entertainment: large hotels, high-end western restaurants, nightclubs, and restaurant chains.
- transportation: duty-free shops, duty-free operators, airlines, cruise ships and ferry companies with alcohol demand.
2. Industry customers:
- enterprises: decision supervisor, purchasing department staff, purchasing manager, buyer, designer, etc., of liquor importers, agents and traders;
- Catering: sommelier, bartender, wine appraiser, Chinese and Western chef, pastry chef, western pastry chef, candy shop, gourmet, etc.
- Media: wine, consumer, food, hotel and health;
VIP customers of real estate, aerospace, automobiles, luxury brands, VIP customers of financial institutions, etc., business elites, white-collar workers, senior managers, government enthusiasts, and wine fans among Fortune 500 companies headquartered in Shanghai.